Fulda Area Credit Union cuScholar Private Student Loan
Federal loans not enough to cover the cost of your college education? The cuScholar Private Student Loan available through Fulda Area Credit Union can be the answer to your funding needs.
Apply online at https://partner.lendkey.com/fuldaareacu/student
Main Program Features
- Borrow as little as $2,000 or up to Cost of Attendance per year for a maximum of $120,000 in undergraduate loans or $160,000 in graduate loans.
- Choose between making monthly interest-only payments or $25 proactive payments towards the loan while in school.
- Use the funds for any qualified educational expense including tuition, room & board, books, and even computers.
- Quick approval once we receive your completed application.
- No prepayment penalty and 30-day loan cancellation policy.
- No Origination Fee for all student borrowers.
- Competitive Interest Rates and with good grades, potential for even lower rates.
- 0.25% Interest Rate Reduction when you sign up for automatic ACH payments.**
- Cosigner Release Available for creditworthy borrowers after 24 consecutive on-time full principal and interest payments.***
Eligibility & Credit Requirements
- Borrower must be enrolled in an eligible school.
- Borrower must be a member or join Fulda Area Credit Union during the online application process.
- Borrower and cosigner must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Students are encouraged to apply with a creditworthy cosigner for a better chance of approval and/or lower interest rate.
Private student loans should be used as supplemental funding after exhausting all sources of financial aid, including grants, scholarships, and federal student loans. Federal loans offer more attractive terms when compared to most other borrowing options, including private student loans. For more information on federal loans, visit http://www.fafsa.ed.gov .
*Subject to 2.99% floor rate.
**Subject to 2.99% floor rate. Requires continued enrollment of automatic payments. The rate reduction will be removed and the rate will be increased by 0.25% upon any cancellation or failed collection attempt of the automatic payment and will be suspended during any period of deferment or forbearance. As a result, during the forbearance or suspension period, and/or if the automatic payment is cancelled, any increase will take the form of higher payments.
***Subject to lender approval. In order to qualify, the borrower, alone, must meet the lender's credit criteria and income requirements, and the borrower's loan account must remain current up until the lender's decision to release the cosigner has been made.